Goal 9- Role of a CYC


Goal: Manage the role of the CYC in the Practicum milieu

Strategy: Review the CYC manual and discuss with my practicum liaison the role a CYC can play in an adult support facility.

Resource: Micheal Burns (2014) notes that,“The CYCP’s initial role is to assist each child youth to achieve balance within the relationship, then to learn to carry and develop that sense of balance with him/her in all facets of life,” (p. 16)

Evidence:


Reflection: The program I am working in is not one that a typical CYCP would find themselves in. As such, I have had to be creative in applying my skills as a CYC in my interactions with the people I support. In order to help my supervisor understand that methods I am using and the reasoning behind them, I have provided her with the CYC manual. She has signed off on it to confirm that she has reviewed it.

Comments