Goal 8- Use of Self


Goal: Examine “Use of Self” in interactions with others

Strategy: I will use my Self Book, both in the parts we will complete this year and the parts previously completed, to assess my use of “self” in my interactions.

Resource: According to Stuart (2013), “The idea of being present (presencing) means that the practitioner is observing self and other; being aware of the thoughts and feelings unfolding in their own conscious and identifying thoughts and feelings as they arise in the interaction within the child,” (p.146).

Evidence:


Reflection: I chose to use my Selfbook as a way to show my use of self in interactions with others, particularly in regards to practicum because I felt that i had some breakthroughs when completing it. I realized over the course of completing my Selfbook. In summery, I realized that person I am at practicum is more the person I would like to be in every aspect of my life. At practicum I do my best to be attentive to the needs of those around me, I am resourceful when problem solving and I am always striving to be the most empathetic person I can be.

Comments