Goal 5- Intervention Techniques


Goal: Apply recognized intervention (i.e. CPI) techniques to prevent, de-escalate and manage a range of behaviours including power struggles

Strategy: I will remain aware of the warning signs that suggest I may need to implement my CPI or ASIST training. 

Resource: According to Shebib (2014),“Whatever the nature of the crisis, the priority goal of the counselling is to help clients obtain power and control be re-establishing safety and stability,” (p.231).

Evidence:

Reflection: Thankfully, I never had to use my ASIST or CPI training in a crisis situation. However, I have had to use some basic defence techniques when a person we supports grabs my hair or hits me to express anxiety. These situations are regular and do not involve an incident report so I choose to use my CPI certificate to show that I have been aware and ready for these situations in an ongoing capacity. 

Comments