Goal 4- Holistic Understanding

Goal: Acquire input from young people/people we support and professionals to gain a holistic understanding of a young person/person we support’s strengths, challenges and needs

Strategy: I will discuss with my supervisor and other staff who have worked with the people we support in various capacities. I will also review the individuals’ binders in order to gain understanding of the person’s ongoing needs and support strategies.

Resource: Carol Stuart (2013) notes that, “The discussion of client issues among team members and with the young person or family checks professional bias and uses multiple perspectives to empower the client(s) to state what is best for their needs,” (p.119)

Evidence: 

Reflection: These are just a few of the binders I read about the people we support. These binders include reports from doctors, behavioural analysts, and the staff who are for them on a day to day basis. This information gave me a much fuller view of the goals the individuals have and the strategies I can use to support them.




Comments